Mike Marlow

"Howard" wrote in message
mac davis wrote:

if you really want to hide 'em, I saw one web page where the guy had
cut a wide "V" down the edges and matched the V on 3/4" wide plywood
edging, so that the edging showed face only.... looked like solid wood
with a line down each side, but no end grain showed...
I thought that it was kind of a neat concept..

I'm trying to picture how to do this... Can you remember where you
saw this? I assume this strip is cut with a router or shaper(?).

I have cut a double miter into the edge of plywood many times, and they fit
a piece of 3/4 stock into it. I just did it on my table saw. Stood the
plywood on edge and set the blade to 45 degrees. Set my rip fence and made
two pushes through the saw. You can make your life easier if you throw a
simple auxiliary fence on your fence - one that stands several inches
higher, in order to give your plywood more support.
--

-Mike-