Todd Fatheree

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Todd Fatheree" wrote:

If you don't count the 12 million babies that were murdered last year.

Hi Todd.

You believe that abortion is murder of an unborn baby. Where do you draw
the line of responsibility for the health and well-being of the unborn?

What of the mother who smokes, drinks, is a drug addict, etc. who
damages the health of her unborn baby? A child is born with fetal
alcohol syndrome; should society then hold the mother on charges of
neglect, endangerment, assault, etc?

I think the mother should be held to the same standard that an outsider is
held who causes the death of an unborn. If someone shoots a pregnant woman
in the womb and the baby is killed, they should be held liable for the death
of that baby. I don't see how it's any different if the damage is inflicted
by the mother.

What if the mother's behaviors
cause a natural abortion? Ought she be charged with murder also?

I don't know what a "natural abortion" is. Sounds different from a
"spontaneous abortion", which is out of the mother's control.

Why are the pro-life people not picketing and speaking out against the
fertility clinics who discard unused embryos?

They already do. This is exactly the reason that the Roman Catholic church
opposes this kind of procedure, as you end up with embryos that nobody knows
what to do with and creates ethical concerns that many do not want to face.
There are some embryos that become adopted, but my guess is that it's a
small fraction of the ones that are available.

If the implanted embryo
automatically becomes classified as a baby then why not consider the
frozen embryo a frozen baby and thus deserving of a womb?

I know this is a difficult concept to grasp for some people, but I believe
in protecting life from the moment of conception. Any time you wonder what
I think about how a fetus should be protected, remove "fetus" and insert
"your own 1 week old baby" and answer the question yourself. I think most
people are against aborting 8 month old fetuses. As am I, of course. I
suspect they believe that the fetus is, in essence, a human being. What
about a week before? Or a week before that? Let's assume that no one knows
when life begins. I'm a lot more comfortable erring on the side of too much
protection for the unborn than too little.

todd