Ken Moon

"George" george@least wrote in message
You'd be better to pay attention to what really holds the shingles.

http://www.fema.gov/txt/hazards/ra_no_2.txt
http://www.fairharbor.com/home_const_roofing.htm

================================
George,
From reading those references, it is apparent that the fasteners are to be
used as the primary force to hold the shingles in place. However, the FEMA
site had the following:

"After the shingles have been exposed to sufficient sunshine to activate the
sealant, inspect roofing to ensure that the tabs have sealed. Also, shingles
should be of “interlocking” type if seal strips are not present. "

That indicates to me that they also expect the sealant should be exposed to
the one underneath, or am I missing something?

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX