billh

If I recall correctly, the instructions specifically say not to remove the
plastic strip when installing shingles.
Billh

"Arch" wrote in message
One surprising cause of so many shingles being separated from roof
sheeting during the hurricanes was that the plastic film covering the
adhesive wasn't removed at installation. Musing about it made me realize
that I didn't/don't know much about glues and adhesives. Ex. I had never
considered using bondo as an adhesive instead of as a filler and for our
nitpickers, glue is made from hide/gelatin and is an adhesive, but all
adhesives are not glues. I reckon purists adhere with chemicals and glue
with hide.

There is a wealth of info on the net: ex. the Natural Handyman page
about glues and adhesives, but we turners seem to learn best from our
member's sharing their expertise here.

Many different adhesives have been discussed separately on rcw, but I
(and maybe a few of you) hadn't really considered adhesives overall:
toxicity, strength, waterproof, waterbased, set-up time, flexibility,
melt temps., cost, hardness, ease of machining or sanding just for
starters.

I hope you turners will respond from your knowledge and experience in
using _all the adhesives suitable for the turning shop. There's a lot I
don't know, but want to learn about this sticky subject. TIA.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter