Barry N. Turner

I agree. I know a couple of guys in Kentucky who never decide what their
turned object is gonna be until they are ready to apply the finish! Funny
thing, everything they turn looks like tire knockers and ash trays to
me...............gotta have a plan................or at least a good idea!

Barry

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
I like the "have a Plan" thing!

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message

Have a plan, and a chunk of wood to fit the bill would be handy.

Lobby Dosser wrote:

"Ray Sandusky" wrote:

What is the most important thing a turner needs to take with him when
he goes out to the lathe?

No not a bowl gouge or 6" face plate - I am looking for something a
bit deeper - come on folks - lets kick some life into this board!

I have some ideas on this, but I want to see if any of you all
approach it the same way that I do....

Ray

Face shield and imagination.