Speedy Jim

Melissa Wright wrote:
My kitchen sink has a single lever (cartridge type?) faucet by Moen,
with a sprayer. When I turn on the water (with the lever at any
temperature position) there are loud thumping noises as the water flow
increases. The thumping coincides with the sprayer vibrating. This all
happens when I am not using the sprayer.

I suspect that sprayer diverter valve has gone south and needs
cleaning/replacing. How do I get to the diverter? Unfortunately I
cannot find the faucet model number. Thanks!

I agree, sounds like diverter. Moen used a couple of different
designs. To get to it, the entire spout has to be removed.

You might check their site to see if there is info.
Most models have excellent warranty service where they will
send you the part.
http://www.moen.com/Consumer/product...tion/index.cfm

Jim