David Moodie

Default Argos Challenge SDS Drill

"hays" wrote in message

snip

Would you use one for removing tiles
Bathroom tiles floor to ceiling on every wall

(Previously removed tiles by hammer and chisel and it was a PITA)

Regards

Hays

I just spend the weekend doing exactly that.

No probs whatsoever using a Bosch PBH2200, which is available for about £90
from Argos. As others have said I wouldn't like to think about using a
cheapo drill for this sort of job, where you may spend some time with the
drill at or above head height

I did fork out another £30 quid for a tile chisel, which offers a decent
improvement over the narrow chisel bit I was using before with less likely
hood of digging into the wall when chiselling. £30 for one bit seemd a lot
initally but I've a complete kitchen do to as well so I could happily
justify this purchase to myself.

cheers

David