mac davis

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:12:41 -0500, Nova
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

IMHO, you not only get what you pay for, but research is important, as
we all see here with folks asking opinions here before buying..
This has ALWAYS been a key to buying Craftsman power tools,
appliances, etc... (been buying there since they came out with
ergonomic rocks to pound sticks with)
Since they have never (afaik) made their own products, you have to
know who makes each one for them..
I have a Craftsman biscuit joiner... go to sears.com and look at the
picture... hmm... rack & pinion fence... I thought only Dewalt had
that.... OH!

Craftsman biscuit jointer - $169.99 at Sears
DeWalt biscuit joiner - $149.00 at Coastal Tools

I'd would have bought the DeWalt.

you being the authority, I'll have my wife take back her present and
get me the dewalt..
this of course has a lot of bearing on the topic, right?