Doug Miller

In article , GregP wrote:
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:10:11 -0500, WoodMangler
wrote:

Agreed. But keep in mind that the US was founded by and for Christians.

It was founded by Christians of various stripes, and Jews, and
Muslims,

Just curious -- which of the Founding Fathers were Jews? Which were Muslims?

and people with a range of religions I know nothing
about (slaves who weren't Muslims). And a lot of them
(especially the slaves) did a very significant portion of the work
to make the US possible. I don't know whether it was "for
Chrisitians," but it is true that Christians enslaved and
discriminated against a significant percentage of the denizens
and ultimately citizens of this country.

It is also true that Christians forced an *end* to slavery in this country and
elsewhere. Where slavery still exists, it is only in areas not dominated by
Christians.

It is further true that the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s was Christian
to the core.

--
Regards,