George

Free advice. I use a pin chuck a lot, which, as you know, isn't much of a
hold. In wood like wet aspen, it's my practice to begin rotation by hand
before applying power, to reduce starting shock. Might use it if you don't
have a soft start.

Isn't Ken an RV type now?

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
link.net...
Thanks for straightening me out! It was Ken Bullock that I was thinking
about. He used to post quite frequently about his hot glue blocks and the
extra heat he used to get the thing to stick. Since you say the glue gun

can
be used if additional heating is used I may try that again ..... standing
well out of the way this time !! (:-)