Alun Saunders

Bjarte Runderheim wrote:

Now comes the hard part: Sometimes and allways you find something
inside the wood to make you change your plans for shape and / or
thickness. Sometimes I have to hollow the bowl partly, leaving a
thick stem in the middle, just to see what the wood looks like, and
then I have to change the shape of the outside somewhat, because of
what I saw.

When I have made sure of two exactly parallell holes, I can switch
back and forth between the two sides without losing anything that I
don't want to lose. With an uneven, not trued up hole on the other
side, I get wobble each time i turn the piece around, and the bowl is
rapidly taking the shape of a platter.

Now. When I allways true up the two holes in the beginning, it gives
me a wider range of actions afterward.

OK, I get it now

--
Alun