Alun Saunders

Bjarte Runderheim wrote:

"Alun Saunders" skrev i melding

Now, this is the bit I don't understand. Are you saying that you reverse
the blank just to true up the first hole you made and then reverse it
again to finish turn the bottom? Why?

Because of the rougher nature of the drilled hole, the bottom will almost
never be in exact parallell to the second hole, made with the parting tool.

But surely after you're done with turning the bottom and making the
recess, then it doesn't matter because the first thing you're going to
do when you reverse the bowl to hollow the inside is to get rid of the
first hole you made anyway ... or am I missing something here? It seems
like an unnecesary extra step to me, unless you're getting some movement
or wobble in the piece due to the nature of the bored hole which you
want to avoid when finishing the bottom?

--
Alun