GregP

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 23:10:11 -0500, WoodMangler
wrote:

Agreed. But keep in mind that the US was founded by and for Christians.

It was founded by Christians of various stripes, and Jews, and
Muslims, and people with a range of religions I know nothing
about (slaves who weren't Muslims). And a lot of them
(especially the slaves) did a very significant portion of the work
to make the US possible. I don't know whether it was "for
Chrisitians," but it is true that Christians enslaved and
discriminated against a significant percentage of the denizens
and ultimately citizens of this country. I don't see how such
behavior confers any special rights and privileges on them,
at least not in the 21st century in the US, unless you have a
Taliban-style philosophy of a religious state.