igor

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:39:10 GMT, "Keith" wrote:

Greetings all,
I've been seriously considering getting the Dewalt 746XB table saw (I've
also considered the Jet Hybrid and the Grizzly Cabinet saws) but my shop
space is severely limited and there's a couple of questions I haven't been
able to find answers for:

1) What is the overall length and depth of the saw with the 30" capacity
rails?
2) Are the miter slots plain or t-slot?

I even called Dewalt and while the young lady I spoke to tried to be
helpful, she didn't have the specs and the example they had was equipped
with the 50" capacity rails.

Here is the info from the Dewalt on-line product manual:
Table Size 27" x 40 3/4", which seems about right. I have one but it was
actually easier to sit here on my butt and look it up than go to the shop
and measure it!!! It is compact, IMO, for my small shop.

They do make it difficult. You have to go to
http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ and set up an account (anyone can) to then
get access to service manuals. Why they bury this, I do not know. (I have
other design complainst about their site.)

As for the slots they are T-slots. -- Igor