Carlos Moreno

Default Finishing (oil, wax, etc.) -- when exactly?

Hi there,

I'm near the end of my very first woodworking project
of considerable magnitude -- a Mahogany bed, 2m x 2m
(yes, 80 inches by 80 inches -- it's been *a lot* of
work and *a lot* of fun).

I'm planning to give it a very simple finishing;
something matte that keeps the natural look of this
beautiful wood.

My question: is the finishing oil/wax/whatever applied
after the whole thing is assembled? Or should I apply
the finishing to the pieces before assembling? (I tend
to think that the latter makes sense but it would be too
complicated).

I'll be most grateful for any advice you may offer!

Thanks,

Carlos