Leon

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:12:40 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

The EPA has prohibited so many solvents and driers that the paint just
doesn't flow or dry the same as it used to.... most products seem to
get less expensive and more advanced with time, I think the process is
the opposite with oil base paint... (can't say that I miss the lead,
tho...)
I can't remember the name of the stuff we used to buy as an
additive... senior moment... but it made the paint flow and lay out
like the old days... I'll have to ask my brother the painter...

When I use Oil based, I use Manor Hall, Pratt& Lambert or Sherwin Williams
best paints. The pro paint stores still sell the additive to make the paint
flow well but I have not used it with any of the 3 I mentioned. They flow
well and it is like painting with liquid plastic. These paints are
expensive though. They generally cost about $40 per gallon but I can to all
interior doors and trim with 1 gallon on an average sized house.