Lurch

Default Floor tile question

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:01:18 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:25:17 -0000, "Wellard"
wrote:

What kind of floor are the tiles in question adhering to?

I believe it's suspended concrete - like found on so many new houses.

More to the point what kind of floor tiles?

Regular 12in square vinyl jobbies - this is a kitchen floor where the
tiles are to be replaced with cushioned flooring.

Part of me is thinking along the lines of leaving the tiles in place
and putting the cushion flooring on top. However cushion flooring
tends to be quite thick so I'm not sure if that would necessitate
trimming something off the bottom of the kitchen door.

Just considering all the angles at the moment - I don't want to start
ripping the tiles up and then wish I'd left them alone!

In that case leave the tiles alone, you've got a level base there.
Taking them up will involve re-levelling all the floor first, big job
in comparison.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.