Larry Jaques

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 05:17:41 GMT, patriarch
calmly ranted:

"Leon" wrote in
. com:

"patriarch astDOTnet" patriarch wrote in
message .17...

Oil-based is a great product, but is considered much less convenient
by most painters, professional and otherwise. The solvents for
cleaning are a
challenge, compared to cleanup with soap and water.

(to whom it may concern, I lost track of the attribution)

Method: Keep 2 cans of solvent cycled with a spare clean one.
Wipe off the dirty brush on old newapaper to get the bulk of
the paint off. Then dip into the first can of solvent vigorously.
This cleans off the bulk of the paint you missed with the paper.
Now wipe on newspaper again to dry and remove more paint. Next dip
into the second clean can of solvent, rinsing clean. Hang dry.

After the paint settles in both cans, decant into the 3rd can
for reuse. Let the first can dry out and it can be tossed into
the garbage or recycled, as can the dried papers. Use the can
of semi-used thinner as the first-dip can contents next time
you need to clean up. Thinner can be reused quite a few times
if you let it settle overnight.

But, for me, painting three door jambs, and 60 ft of crown,
and then cleaning up, and doing it over and over again, and
getting interrupted because 'that green isn't what I thought
I wanted', etc., makes me grateful for water cleanup.

Right about that time, I'd have said something like this:

"OK, Honey. Here are the keys and the CC. The car is in the driveway,
the paint store is on 5th and Main, the ladder is still in the living
room, and the paint supplies are on the floor next to the ladder. Have
fun figuring out whatever it is that you want and then doing it. I'll
be in the den watching the game/reading a good book/vegging out."

--
The State always moves slowly and grudgingly towards any purpose that
accrues to society's advantage, but moves rapidly and with alacrity