Eugene

patriarch wrote:

Eugene wrote in
:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
The lifetime warranty is still there, though- so it's not really as
important that they are durable as it is with the power tools.

It is not very important if you round off the blade of one of your
six screwdrivers. OTOH, if you break a socket removing the last head
bolt on your enngine, it is 8:30 PM and the nearest Sears is 30 miles
away, quality suddenly becomes very important.

I have a duplicate of most hand tools in a tool chest in my garage and
stuffed in a tool bag inside my truck so if one were to break I have a
spare.

I have a spare truck. That doesn't make me any happier when something
breaks, even if it were under warranty.

Years ago a local ford dealer was giving away a festiva when you bought a
new f150. I suppose you could load up the festiva in the bed and have it
for a spare to drive to the parts store if you ever had a breakdown.
I have rarely had a craftsman took break, and then its usually a gimmick
tool like the extension bar with a plastic quick release button and the
plastic button broke so I traded it for normal one, or when I use a
screwdriver as a prybar, but I usually don't have any problems with them
otherwise.