mac davis

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:12:40 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Kevin-at-rileyhome-dot-net

thank the EPA... some assholes in Washington decided that breathing
was more important than the smooth flowing, no brush mark paint we
know and love..

Umm I think that is probably left up to the individual state. I have no
problems finding oil based myself.

Actually, the current "oil base" paint is kinda like using snot if
you've used "real" paint in the olde daze...

Huh? Are you thinning it down? Like old oil based, I still have to use a
bit of thinner to get the paint to the right consistancy.

yeah, you can thin it... actually most paint should be thinned, but
that's not the problem in my case..

The EPA has prohibited so many solvents and driers that the paint just
doesn't flow or dry the same as it used to.... most products seem to
get less expensive and more advanced with time, I think the process is
the opposite with oil base paint... (can't say that I miss the lead,
tho...)
I can't remember the name of the stuff we used to buy as an
additive... senior moment... but it made the paint flow and lay out
like the old days... I'll have to ask my brother the painter...