Doug Miller

In article , (Nate Perkins) wrote:

But today, the Republican party wins by intentionally cultivating
division - by encouraging disdain of Easterners, liberals, and
intellectuals,

How silly. Easterners, liberals, and intellectuals are doing a perfectly good
job on their own of cultivating disdain for themselves among the voters, and
have no need of assistance from the Republican party or anyone else.

dislike of foreigners, fear of gays, and callousness
toward those in need. Generally they have little respect for the
opposition, and they seek to smear and destroy their opponents in a
particularly personal way.

Excuse me? It was the _Dems_ who repeatedly called the President incompetent,
a liar, a dope, etc. There was indeed a vicious, personal smear campaign going
on, but it was directed *at* the Republicans, not *by* them.

--
Regards,