Norman D. Crow

" wrote in message

"Jim Weidenfeller" wrote
I am in the market for a new bandsaw. Looking for 14". Minimal resaws
although there may be some in the future.
Recommendations so far include: Delta, Powermatic, Grizzley and Laguna.
Would like to stay in the $1,000 price range.
Any suggestions from anyone.
Thanks

Jim - If $1000 is your max. I'd go with the Grizzly GO513 17" saw. 12"
resaw and the beef of a 2hp motor. I have the GO555 14 inch and love it.

But
if I had a $1K max then the GO513 would be the best value for the money.
Leaves some money to buy some good Timberwolf blades. Check it out at
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G0513

I can't speak to the G0513, but the G0555 works very well for me. Installed
the resaw kit, everything still dead on. I've resawed 8-10" stuff(slabs of
quilted material from a Norway Maple stump slab) with it, only bogged down a
couple times when I fed too fast. This was with a Griz 3/4" 3 T.P.I. blade,
no skewing of cut, fence dead on as delivered.

--
Nahmie