Jon Endres, PE

Since making my post, I found a Woodmaster 718 w/ pro pack in the local
classifieds for $1100. Six years old, has very little use, but was a bit
rusty. I bought it anyway. Guy had *everything* with it, including the
original invoice and an extra set of blades for the planer. No molding
knives, though (curiously).

Jon E

"david zaret" wrote in message
om...
i have a 718 with pro-pack, and it's a good machine. i have very few
complaints. it's simple... but extremely well built. plus, i find that
i use the drum sanding attachment as much as the planer. and it cuts
molding beautifully.

good luck with your purchase.

--- dz

Jon Endres, PE wrote:
"Curtis Bergeron" wrote in message
m...

Any opinions out there as to what you would purchase if you had $2K to

spend on a planer?

Yep. Woodmaster 718, $1600 or so, plus shipping, gets you in the 2k

range.
Woodmaster 718 with Pro-pak allows you to do those moldings, plus drum

sand,
plus gang rip, for an extra $700.

I've been inquiring about the Woodmasters for a year or so, and as soon

as I
find the space for one, I'm getting a 718. I don't see any other

reasonable
options.

Jon E