patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

All I can say is Atta Boy, G. (WTF is your first name, anyway? I've
been calling you Pat for short.)

What's the old joke? Call me what you want, just not late for dinner?
(BTW, it's Glenn, but there are/were several so named already here, some of
whom held/expressed opinions with which I did not wish to be associated...)

So I actually thought the whole thing through, and voted for this Badarik
fellow. Seemed like a fairly harmless means of expressing distaste for the
two major party candidates, without simply not voting. Not voting was
never an option. Neither was voting for Ralph or one of the nutcases.

It's Saturday, and many of the election signs are down now, with only a few
stragglers. The radio is full of whiners, and folks threatening to
emigrate to Canada or New Zealand in protest, as if those two fine
countries deserved them. California is a beautiful place, with diverse
attitudes and cultures and industries and values. But folks here sometimes
forget that people elsewhere are welcome to their opinions and religions,
and they don't always have to bend their thinking to match what the
coasters think they ought to believe.

It's still a republic, one blessed with wealth, power, responsibilities and
great, deep problems, in a world of neighbors entitles to their opinions
and religions. Not likely that we will all be singing Kumbaya any time
soon....

Patriarch