WoodMangler

Mark & Juanita did say:

www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

Scored me as a Libertarian. No surprise, really.

The way the quiz was written, you probably would have a hard time scoring
anywhere else. Several of the questions raise more questions:

Actually, many of my friends that have taken the test score other than
libertarian and agree with the results. Most people, when answering
honestly, score in the centrist range. I think the real value of this test
is to illustrate the fact that most Americans don't line up perfectly into
the limited definitions that the left-right/Dem-GOP model would have us
fit into.

For example:
1. Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet
Does this also apply to speech on college campuses?

Don't see why not. Why would an exception be necessary or desirable? Do
college students not have a right to express their views?

2. There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults
So, anywhere, anytime, in front of anyone if that strikes your fancy?

Good point there. That interpretation never crossed my mind, but I think
the question is regarding laws that regulate same gender relations,
specific acts, etc. Every state has these laws, and they're nothing more
than an imposition of religious beliefs on others. (IMO)

3. End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business
Lacks definition. What is considered corporate welfare? A simple tax
deduction for capital expenditures, or at the extreme end, out and out
grants for particular behaviors? Other government incentives can range
anywhere in between. Are tax credits for IR&D considered "corporate
welfare" or sound economic policy?

A tax deduction, or tax credit isn't a giveaway. Not taking something from
an individual or entity is hardly the same as giving them something. I'd
define corporate welfare as the giving of public monies to corporations
for certain behavior or to bolster failed enterprises. Take Amtrak for
example. Millions every year from the federal government (from our
pockets) to continue operation of a business that the consumer isn't
willing to support. Our hard earned dollars are being given to maintain
the operation of poorly run enterprise that sells an outmoded and
unpopular method of transportation.
Both major parties support the forced redistribution of wealth. Whether
the GOP admits to it or not - and the Dems admit to little else.

A person can be a free market supporter and either support or oppose
the
question, depending upon what they perceive the meaning of corporate
welfare to be. That definition may be completely different than that
which the questioner was using.

It is a subjective test. When talking politics, or philosophy it
can be nothing else.