Eugene

However, let's put this all in perspective. We here on the wreck are
not Sears' market. I had a discussion one time with a friend who was
an occasional DIYer and who was talking about getting a jig saw to do
some paneling. I had just gotten my Bosch and was extolling the
virtues. He asked how much and when I told him $150 he blanched. He
said he could buy a $30 saw, do a satisfactory job on the panelling
and throw it away FIVE times for what I paid for the Bosch.

I couldn't argue with him. He had no sense of what the feel of a
quality tool in one's hand meant because it wasn't important to him.
HE and those like him are Sears' market. Consequently, from our point
of view, Sears will continue to go downhill.

In-laws bought me a B&D jig saw. I have pulled it out twice in the 5 years
attempted to cut something with it and put it away, the thing can't even
cut straight so even though it was cheaper than a good saw it was a
complete waste of money because its totally unuseable.