George

Not a finish chemist, but as I see it, if you put liquids in a wooden bowl
capable of leaching the finish, the danger is not the finish, but the
liquid. If you eat the bowl so your stomach acid can leach them, you've
already got more mental troubles than the siccatives will give you.

It's the outgassing that counts. Keep your stock in the open until it has
no smell, or there'll be no sell. As wax and varnish share a solvent,
freshly waxed pieces can queer the deal too.

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Thanks George.

What is your take, on finish contamination entering and contaminating the
food. I was told that most finishes leach out after a month or so anyway.
Besides the microscopic amounts that would enter the food would be a very
insignificant . ( At least thats my opinion and others ) Lead is banned

from
finishes so that is not a factor.