Swingman

"Silvan" wrote in message

Swingman wrote:

It takes a special kind of person to pull up stakes and not many have

that
adventurous spirit these days.

I'd do it, but they don't let Americans emigrate to Australia. They like
Canada better.

(Or, to be fair, put this ten years ago. The politics might have shifted.
I doubt it though. If anything, they probably want even less to do with

us
now.)

Could be we ruined them back in the early 60's (way before yanks started
going there for R&R from RVN) when Americans were rarely seen in Australia.
I worked on an offshore seismograph crew, and the problem for the Aussie men
was that their women absolutely loved us to the point of following our
largely American crew from town to town. Can't tell you how many
altercations/fistfights I got into as a young buck over that single fact ...
but it was always _well_ worth the effort. ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04