Swingman

"Mat A" wrote in message

My name is Mathew Ashton and I currently live on the west coast of Canada.
I am in the final stage of the immigration process for Australia - I'm
applying under the Skilled Independent Regional Visa. What that means is
that I will be restricted to working in regional areas only of Australia,
rather than metropolis centers for the first 2 years. The place I've been
approved to work in is Maroochy Shire; 2 hours north of Brisbane in
Queensland.

Good luck to you, Mat. Having lived and worked in Australia, (some 40 years
ago) I'd venture to say you're going to enjoy the country and have made a
good choice. Rural QL back then was one of the most laid back lifestyles
I've experienced, and I'd bet the folks are still as friendly as they were
then ... and the beer is good!

It takes a special kind of person to pull up stakes and not many have that
adventurous spirit these days.

My hat's off to you!

--
www.e-woodshop.net