James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I can't point you to any shops but I can say Brisbane was one of my favorite
places in Australia. For that matter QL is pretty nice all around. I'm
envious!
Good luck to you,
Cheers,
cc

"Mat A" wrote in message
Hi,

My name is Mathew Ashton and I currently live on the west coast of Canada.
I am in the final stage of the immigration process for Australia - I'm
applying under the Skilled Independent Regional Visa. What that means is
that I will be restricted to working in regional areas only of Australia,
rather than metropolis centers for the first 2 years. The place I've been
approved to work in is Maroochy Shire; 2 hours north of Brisbane in
Queensland.

I am hoping to hear from those of you who are living either in Brisbane,
or
preferably or north of Brisbane, and can point me to
cabinetmaker/furniture
maker shops in the Maroochy Shire. Specifically, I am interested in
companies that I can contact about potential employment.

My qualifications a (in short) 22 years as a cabinetmaker, furniture
maker, woodturner, carver... Basically there is very little in the
woodworking industry that I haven't done. If you are so inclined you can
view some of what I've done at www.members.shaw.ca/mathewa . To limit the
spammers you will find my contact information on my webspace, so ya might
as
well have a look :-).

Thx in advance, Mat