Andy Wade

Default Halogen track lights - problem.

"Grunff" wrote in message

As the voltage goes down, the quantity of current has to rise to
make up for it to achieve the same wattage.

[...] but if a switcher needs to push more current through a filament
bulb, the only way it can do so is by increasing the applied voltage.
This is not what the first two lines (quoted) of this post say.

Can I be allowed to disagree? I think you're tilting at a windmill. He
(Harry) didn't say that "as the voltage goes down the current rises ..." but
rather that the "current has to rise ...". IOW 12V lamps will take ~20
times as much current as mains voltage ones of the same power. That's all.

--
Andy