twfsa

In the winter the temp is more constant, in the summer one day it may be 72
degs, the next 92, so you would be programing the stat every other day
unless you want to maintain a constant 75 degress in the summer.If the high
for the day is 98, and the stat is set at 75 the A/C will most likely run
and never shut off not to mention never maintain 75.

I keep the stat usually 7-10 degress cooler than it is outside in the
summer, unless the high for the day is somewhere in the mid 70's I turn off
the A/C.

Tom

"Alan" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 06:27:55 -0600, "twfsa" wrote:

Set backs are ok in thewinter but hard to estimate the temps in the
summer.In the winter you can figure its going to be 30 degs for a high who
knows in the summer what the weather will do.

What difference does the outside temperature make?

Tom

"Reed" wrote in message ...
snip

Home Depot has a "Rite-Temp"
LOWES has a "Hunter-Energy Star"
Both in the same price range.

Has anyone had any experience with either unit
rj

Installed a Hunter from Lowes last month. Seems to do the job.
Easy enough to install. Not thrilled it needs 2 AA batts. Hunter
claims they last a year. (So change them same time as smoke alarms
??) Using the default 60/68 deg program right now. Seems to hold
the house temp more constant at either temp than the old Honeywell
round mechanical unit did.

--reed