HeatMan

"Zypher" wrote in message
link.net...
Jeffery;

You'll find that the efficiency of Puron is higher. 13 SEER or higher.
Soon, the minimum SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) will be a 13.
(The DOE - Department of Energy is mandating the change by 2005)
Manufacturers (Carrier) today have been offering Puron for about 7 -8

years
now and are finding that it is just as reliable as R-22. But, the cost of
the refrigerant is considerably higher today for R-410 (Puron) than R-22.
So repairs later may cost more. (The equipment cost is about the same
though - go figure.)

I'll argue that fact. the equipment the 410a goes into is higher
efficiency, not the gas itself.

Replacement units for R-22 will continue to be available until 2010. I'd
expect that R-22 refrigerant will still be available long after you and I
won't care, but most of my customers are opting for R-410. It offers

higher
energy savings and reliability, is environmentally friendly, and not a
refrigerant that will be disappearing soon.

Yeah, and Carrier and Trane dropped some of the lines they had 410a in. My
opinion is that 410a is the R500 of this decade.