zxcvbob

Bill wrote:
Although you can use 15 amp outlets on a 20 amp circuit, I use 20 amp
"commercial grade" outlets. These are designed for more use, will last
longer, and will make better electrical contact with the plug.

15A commercial outlets are just as good, and about $1 cheaper. I put
one 20A outlet in the kitchen and one in the garage (just because; I
don't think I have anything with a 20A plug), and I use those cheap 15A
47¢ outlets in bedrooms and other places where they may never get used,
and I use the more expensive commercial or "spec grade" 15A outlets
everywhere else.

Bob