Conase

Default Shotgun house - type of construction ???????

I was watching House Detective on my local HGTV channel.

They inspected a house in New Orleans called a SHOTGUN HOUSE.
No problem since I am from Louisiana and know about them.

However the inspector said, " When you see the window and door frames sticking
3 inches INTO the room, it is an example of __________ construction. There are
NO 2 X 4s in the walls, etc."

I was unable to catch the NAME of this type of construction.
I had never heard of it before.
I Googled "shotgun house" and got no info.

Anyone know what TYPE of construction this is ??
Just like we say STICK framing or BALOON framing, what type is this ???

TIA