Minnie Bannister

I just bought a Honeywell CT3600 "smart" thermostat, which I thought
would be an improvement on our current White-Rodgers 1F81-261.

BUT when I looked at the wiring diagram and compared it with the current
connections, I concluded that our present system has two-stage heating,
for which the CT3600 is not suitable.

Looking at the installation instructions for the furnace, I see that it
is possible to configure it for use with a single-stage thermostat, but
am I correct in thinking that this would be a bad move?

Honeywell does not seem to offer any of its "fancier" thermostats for
DIYers, and AFAICS White-Rodgers does not sell to DIYers at all.

Is there anything that would be an improvement on our current 1F81-261?
I see that it is a comparatively recent model. It was in the house
already when we moved in a year ago, but I thought perhaps we could
improve on it.

MB

On 11/03/04 10:15 pm TURTLE put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

Leave these Hunter and Rite-Temp thermostats alone. Look up at these stores or
other places for real thermostats that will hold up to time. Try to get these
names atleast wrote on them. Homeywell, White Rogers, Robert Shaw, or maybe even
a Maple-chase .

One thing for sure Hunter makes the worst proforming thermostats known to man.
Now I have seen some Rite-Temp last for a while.