oreo123

Default cutting formica counter top question

well I can cut it with the sabre saw and formica blade fine. What has
happened is there was a change of design and counter end has to be cut. We
do not want to wait 6 weeks or longer for the banding. So has anyone tried
attaching say a finished wood strip to the cut edge? This would be next to
the range. And another cut would be in an area that is leaned against.
Looking for ideas here. I was thinking of a long piece of wood, predrilled
for rock screws, and either wood putty or maybe a plug cutter. But how to
have a really tight seal to keep moisture from getting between wood and
formica is one of the concerns. So has anyone tried other things? Lastly
this is a rental but its a nice rental with bells and whistles.