TURTLE

"RJ" wrote in message

I'd like to replace my mechanical thermostat
( heating and cooling )
with a new-fangled electronic set-back unit.

I like the idea of automatically turning back the temp every night.

Home Depot has a "Rite-Temp"
LOWES has a "Hunter-Energy Star"
Both in the same price range.

Has anyone had any experience with either unit ?
rj

This is Turtle.

Leave these Hunter and Rite-Temp thermostats alone. Look up at these stores or
other places for real thermostats that will hold up to time. Try to get these
names atleast wrote on them. Homeywell, White Rogers, Robert Shaw, or maybe even
a Maple-chase .

One thing for sure Hunter makes the worst proforming thermostats known to man.
Now I have seen some Rite-Temp last for a while.

TURTLE