ChrisGW

Stormin Mormon wrote:
If the wires are in the "stab in" holes in the back, that's likely to give
you all kinds of problems.

Like the other fellow said, follow it back. Also if it's getting power on
the meter but not working, trace the wire from the breaker up to where it
goes into the romex, and then trace back the white (neutral) wire. Make sure
that's tight in the neutral bar.

I had a case the one time that was driving me crazy. Outlet reads fine on
the testers, but would not run appliance. Finally the gal said she saw it
sparking "up there" and I tightened all the neutrals. Problem solved.

Thanks, but I solved it. It turns out the light (see previous post) was where
the problem was. Socket was completely burned.

Thanks to everyone for your help.