Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

(Doug Miller) writes:

In article ,
ender (Jeffrey J. Kosowsky) wrote:

Second, even if I would hire someone else to do the work, I want to
have materials represent materials cost and labor represent labor
cost.

Whatthehell difference does it make? You write the guy *one* check for the
*entire* job. Why do you care how he breaks the costs down?

I don't entirely disagree -- total cost is at the end of the day most
important. But if you are not going to give me true material and labor
costs, then why bother even splitting them out.
Also, knowing what material and labor costs should be (relative to
market rates) helps one identify a total bid that is either
unrealistically low or unrealistically high.