Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

EMOVE (Chris Perdue) writes:

(Jeffrey J. Kosowsky)

I agree. But, this is a business decision on the part of the supplier
who needs to decide who is customer is and what is the cost of serving
any given customer segment.

Jeff, this is what most supply warehouses do...they sell exclusively to
contractors because it is actually easier...the *average* weekend warrior
*needs* a box stoor like home depot or lowes where as a contractor needs a
supplier...most supply houses are no frill warehouses...they stock materials
and a select list of other items...that contractors use and buy...they don't
need large displays, and they don't need to have a bunch of different things
because the customer want a red tapeline, instead of a yellow one....

I agree. Again, I was only objecting to the argument that contractors
have a god-given right to lower pricing and that somehow if I get a
low price for my DIY repair then I am either putting contractors out
of business or causing them to riot against their suppliers.