Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

"PrecisionMachinisT" writes:
"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
According to your logic, sounds like the contractor should be willing
to pay "extra" for this service relative to the DIY who is willing to
wait.

Nope, it doesnt.

Because wholesaler dont got to have an extra six employees ****ing around
answering stupid questions.

And if you screw around and make me wait in line, Im gonna go someplace
else--I know what I want, you have it and if you want my money then you give
it to me now and quit wasting my time.

When I buy things that arent shipped in, I phone in advance and go to the
will-call counter.......

Very very rare will I even go to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, precisely because
when I do, I find their products are often as not substandard and
overpriced.

End of Story.

First, you are clearly humor impaired, since you missed the sarcasm
and humor in my comment.

Second, as I have said all along, the price to consumers should have
nothing to do with who has a license and who doesn't. Rather it should
depend on a combination of factors such as volume efficiencies and the
cost of serving different customer segments. Then the supplier needs
to decide what combination of service levels he wishes to offer and
which combination of segments he wishes to target so as to maximize
his profit. Some may choose to sell mostly to consumers (Home Depot),
others may choose to target mostly contractors, others still may
choose to target both.

If a supplier doesn't want my business then he may charge me more or
may not provide the service I need -- on the other hand plenty of
others may find me profitable to serve at a price not much higher than
the contractor discount. For sophisticated suppliers, the fact that a
contractor may feel jealous is unlikely to impact this decsion.