Dave

Ian Stirling wrote:
Dave wrote:

I've just insulated my Cardale up-and-over garage doors and now need to
increase the spring force to overcome the extra weight. I can't see a
safe way to increase the tension in the central clock-type spring.
What's the secret?

You can fiddle it a very little by cutting the spring, annealing the
end, and reattaching.
Other options are to add external springs, which may well be awkward.

That sounds a bit severe, I don't fancy taking the spring assy apart.
I'd thought of locking the spring, supporting the door part open and
then detaching the cables and winding them once more around the drum but
hoped there might be an easier way(?)

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)