T i m

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:54:07 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tony Eva wrote:

John Stumbles wrote:

Looking for a fast, intelligent charger for AA and AAA NiMHs (and
NiCds), with independent charge control for each cell, and effective
time and/or temperature safety cutoffs.

I.E. not like http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.stumbles/charger.jpg

http://www.vanson.com.hk/details/p3035.html claims that your (ex)
charger did all that already. Looks like a refund is in order - you
can definitely say that the "temperature sensors to avoid ...
over-heating" weren't working!

Maybe it's just a case of cheap = not so cheerful?

Don't need all of that crap. Decent fast delta peak detecting charger
avialable from any model shop will charge 4-10 cells in series fast
accurately and safely.

You will have to arrange your own cradles, or do as I did, and modify
equipment to take model type packs.

I need something that'll charge cells independently because often enough
odd numbers of cells get used in kids' toys, so you end up with a
handful at different - and unknown - states of charge.

I have a combination of the above ;-)

An "Ansman Power Line 5" that is supposed to deal with Nicad or NiMh
cells from AAA to D. It does get the smaller cells quite warm but does
do 4 off individually.

I have a few Uniross 'Plug Top' type chargers that I think charge
cells in pairs (but also get the cells too hot for my tastes)

The 'best' charger is an GWS-MC2002 variable current Delta peak one
from a model shop. As mentioned you do have to set up clips to take
your various cells but it will do any number from 4-10 and at a
current rate of your choice. Being 12V powered means you can also
charge stuff when in the car and camping etc ;-)

All the best ..

T i m