T i m

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:32:28 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Spouse and I did have different opinions about hitting. He once hit No 1
daughter and smashed his watch and couldn't understand why everyone else
fell about laughing ... I think that was the turning point for him.

Mum hit me over the head with a cucumber (at the tea table) .. it
broke in half and one half fell into her tea cup and spilled all over
the tablecloth .. we laughed .. (she didn't) ;-)

I had two Moggy Minor vans .. in fact one was my first 4 wheeler (I
had the Messerschmitt at the time). Bought it for 15 quid and another
fiver for a gearbox from the breakers. Fitted it in the carpark (in
the rain and dark) from the TV shop I bought the van from ..

That's a bit like our story, it came free with a brand new back axle, I
think the chap was glad to get rid of it. Unfashionable in those days. It
suited me fine.

I had the nearside trunion strip out .. I managed to jack it into
place, bind it up with some rope (Spanish windlass) and drive the
couple of miles home. Also had a half-shaft shear .. ;-(

After its demise I preotested that I really needed transport
so guilty son bought me a RED Ford Something hatchback. It was OK, but VERY
RED and drove like a Dinky toy, and didn't have the presence of the
Swarmobile (the Moggy, which had bees and that name in bubble writing,
painted all over it (not by me but by O level Art son).

Very Combi wagon .. ;-)

Kettle ... well you can boil water for tea in almost
anything.

Except a sieve (I tried)

Wot, really???

Doh!

No, I'd like to know, didn't the plastic melt?

No, because I was only using a mag light to heat it .. shrugs, she's
mad?

I'm a great believer in sharing resources, we always have been the centre of
borrowing round here.

Bowrrowing / lending is fine as long as you give / get everything
back? I much prefer to be the one buying the tools and also prefer to
do the job for them rather than have them borrow / ruin / loose the
gear? ;-(

Spouse was called The Saviour of Chapeltown..

Lycra outfit and that?

What's
the point in everyone having a shredder, for instance?

There isn't one, as long as you are ok trust your 'private' documents
to someone else to shred?

Now, who has a nice quiet 2200 we could borrow?

"quiet 2200"? .. fanless 2200Ghz Cpu, 2200W Electric car, K-Tel 2200
quiet honey blender, 2200m long drop ... ?

All the best ..

T i m