IMM

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Andy Hall wrote in message

. ..

I find that buying good power tools works out cheaper in terms of
total cost of ownership over time

I think capital is the main issue. A full set of dewalt /bosch /makita
kit is kind of expensive, and that capital can sometimes find better
uses. In such cases one can end up better off from buying the cheaper
tools, even when the tools themselves cost more per human life time.

I think its also fair to say that cheap tools do sometimes last longer
per pound cost than the quality brands, I'm not sure its entirely
clear cut. If the £50 dangle grinder lasts 6 years and the £16 Ferm
lasts 3 then the Ferm works out cheaper per year. Unless youre making
a living out of it of course.

good post.