John Rumm

"John Rumm" wrote in message

... I could not get a voltage reading between the newly plastered wall and
a water pipe - even on a very high impedance DMM. Needless to say the wall
had dried out a fair bit by the time I was looking at it....

I wonder whether you would have got a different result if you had dug down
to the expanded metal mesh and tested that?

You mean like a thick ear from one's mother for messing up her nice new
plaster? ;-)

I figured that since that was inserted by hand, plugged and screwed into
place, and then plastered over with wet bonding plaster; had it have
been live he would have got at least a tingle sooner. It seems it was
only when he was throwing lots of water about when polishing the top
coat that it got interesting.

--
Cheers,

John.