t.hoehler

"budgie" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:38:04 -0500, "Sue D Nim" wrote:

Get a roll pin remover. This is not a joke. The tool is a special-nosed
punch w/ a sharp edge and in the center of the punch is a point that

fits
the roll pin exactly.

Errr, it's a BLIND hole. Punching won't do anything helpful.

Sue is exactly correct. You DRIVE the remover in, then carefully and
squarely PULL the remover out and the roll pin with it. I have pulled a few
this way, works most of the time. If you have not seen this tool, you might
have a hard time visualizing this. I got a set from McMaster many years ago,
like ez outs, they are not a panacea, but they can work in a jam and when
they do, you stand there just marveling. (at least I do!)
Regards,
Tom