Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:12:52 -0500, the renowned Andy Cuffe
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:06:36 GMT, "Clarence" wrote:

Last EL panel I designed a supply for was three panels 30 inches BY 120 inches.
They are going strong and haven't lost much light yet, But is has only been a
year and they are only on for 6 hours a day. That is about 2,000 hours.

A good alternative to an EL panel would be an LED back light. I've
seen ones which were made of a woven plastic fiber optic sheet that
was illuminated by an LED. Life should be virtually unlimited.
Something like this might be a good replacement
Andy Cuffe

White LED lifetime is not unlimited.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany