Brian Friedl

Default Mitsubishi VS6015R V10? chassis Turns off immediately

I have an old Mits PTV that is sick and hoping the doctors here have a
prescription for me! When I turn the set on, the main relay on the
power supply board engages for about half a second before turning off
again. I have tested the power supply with dummy load attached and
everything is fine. When I short the contacts next to the relay, set
comes on and I get a raster, but no image. I am happy to see full H
and V deflection on the screen, however all I get are green and blue
(convergence is off) lines. The lines slope slightly downward from
left to right and are spaced about 3 inches apart.
Any ideas? Im guessing there is a protection circuit that is trying to
shut it down. I have full schematics and service manual for this unit.
Recently replaced IC8000 on convergence board(static focus) which was
shorted.
I think thats everything. Let me know if you need more info.
Brian
email at bfriedl d0t C0M